Best Split-Beam Torque Wrenches
What is a Split Beam Torque Wrench?
In this article, we are going to talk about split-beam torque wrenches: advantages, disadvantages and how to use one.
It’s extremely important to apply as much torque as mentioned by the manufacturer’s settings. If you apply too much force you may damage or even ruin the fastener. If you apply not enough torque there is a risk that the bolt will back out. The best split-beam torque wrenches are durable, effective, precise and even significantly cheaper. Although electronic torque wrenches are the most accurate ones, their price is considerably higher than the beam torque wrenches.
Beam Torque Wrench Advantages
So, here are the advantages of using a split-beam torque wrench:
- It’s accurate to do different jobs: the split-torque wrenches sometimes have as high as 2 percent accuracy
- The tool measures the torque from 0 to maximum
- Able to measure torque in both directions
- Lastly, it’s simple and easy to use
Split-Beam Torque Wrenches Disadvantages
On the other hand, the disadvantages are not too many:
- To ensure the tool is always accurate you need to periodic maintenances
- To ensure accuracy, you should watch the scale while using the tool
How to use the Split-Beam Torque Wrenches
Well, the next question is how to use a beam torque wrench. As mentioned, using a beam torque wrench is simple and easy. There are two simple steps to follow:
- Make sure the scale shows zero. Input the desired torque level into the wrench scale. Remember always to consult the manufacturer’s instructions as applying too much torque can damage the bolt or fastener.
- Attach the socket to the bolt in order to tighten or loosen it. Turn in a clockwise direction to tighten the bolt and counter-clockwise to loosen it. Stop once you reach the required amount of torque.
Get your new professional quality split beam torque wrench now!
To sum up, beam style torque wrenches are a good alternative to digital torque wrenches when you are looking for a budget-friendly option.
If you're looking for an organizer to organize your wrenches, make sure to check out these wrench organizers.